Monday, January 21, 2013

Intro






















Hey everyone!

My name is Rebecca Dezember. I am a second year student here at GCC, and I am so unbelievably excited to be attending Phoenix College next semester to pursue American Sign Language interpreting. I have been learning Sign Language since Freshman year of high school, so yes, I have been signing for a long time and it is definitely my passion in life! Also, I have been doing sports my entire life. I played volleyball since the 5th grade, and I played tennis since freshman year of high school. Last year, I actually played tennis on the GCC Tennis team, but elected not to play this year for the reason of focusing on my future career. I wouldn't consider myself a runner, but this past weekend I ran my first half marathon nonstop, so I guess I can add that to my sports accomplishments! I am also an active church go'er and believer. There is nothing more important in life than worshiping God and all He has given me. I am blessed with two wonderful older brothers and a special mom and dad. My favorite guy in the world is my boyfriend and best friend, Adrian, and he is just as amazing as can be. More than anything, I have supporting and special friends in my life that mean so much! I am taking this English 213 class because, for one, I need it to complete this ASL certificate to certify that I am officially bilingual. Secondly, I love learning about communication and English. Overall, this is me. See you all in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment