Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blog #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLdg9FMp7f8

^^First of all, I must say that I do not watch American Idol, but one night when I was extremely bored I threw it on the TV. I came across something very interesting. Everybody needs to watch this video because I honestly have not seen anything like it. The man in this video has a very bad stuttering problem, in which he mentioned that it turns into the point that he sometimes is unable to talk. Yet as you continue to watch it, he sings beautifully with no stuttering problems at all. How can this be!? Someone who has day-to-day struggles with communicating in normal speech has no problem at all singing his heart out without any stuttering delays. It is like he becomes two different people. I feel that maybe all of this has to do with the brain, in that singing and speaking is two different parts. Maybe the part of the brain that allows us to speak was somehow injured for him; or maybe it is psychological and all in his head. I am considering doing my final project on the correlation between stuttering and singing because this, in my opinion, is just mind-blowing.

3 comments:

  1. That is so strange that he can sing like that! Really interesting. If I was him, I would just sing all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing how he can single perfectly with not stuttering. I'm amazed by this video. I agree with you, one part of the brain might control the singing part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was watching this, too! I thought it was amazing. Recently, a few examples of this type of phenomenon have been portrayed in the media. The King's Speech is about a king of England who had a horribly afflicting stuttering problem, but had to take hold of it to assume his role. He went to a speech therapist who asked him to sing and yell, those actions removing any type of stuttering. I don't recall if the movie provided an explanation, but there must be one out there since it obviously applies to more than one individual. Amazing singer!

    ReplyDelete